1.01.2009

NEW YEAR!!!!

Well, Happy New Year (to anyone that actually reads this).  I am absolutely excited about what God has in store for you, this world and my life. It's difficult to believe that a year has just passed by so many exciting events from January to December 2008 style.  One of the highlighting events of my year I'd have to say isn't my experience with SpyKidz or even the Saint Lucia missions trip, but simply living life for God the father and seeing how humility is the only way I can stand in the presence of God.  Not that the St. Lucia trip wasn't a key event, because it sure was, but just living life with family, friends, and freedom in Christ.

I am getting so pumped for the 2009 year so many great New Years Resolutions (most of which are super lame but some super important ones).  I thought it be cool if I made a list of my personal New Years Resolutions and its my hope that you (if anyone) can help me accomplish these goals in my life.

New Years Resolutions
1.) Read my Bible in up to 5 months (one month less then last time)
2.) Beef up (both eating more...a lot more...and working out on my new iron gym---i told you it be cheesy)
3.) Not worry about what others think...but BE what I am, to the best I can be it (no matter what others think of me)
4.) Pass on the button to the 8th Graders as they come in to 360
5.) Give my talents and gifts willingly to Glorify God (even when I don't want to give up my time and talents)
6.) Be simple
7.) Remember
8.) Love
9.) Get a good job
10.) (like all my life will probably be like for the next several years) Find that super special someone

I want to live a life depicted in the Phillips, Craig, and Dean song "Awake My Soul"

(Verse 1:)
When I close my eyes, I can see Your glory
When I raise my hands, I can touch Your face
When I bow my knees, I stand before You
And Christ is formed me

(Chorus:)
Awake my soul, prepare an entrance for Your glory
And let my heart become a throne for You to dwell
And when I need Your Holy Sprit more than life itself
Then Christ is formed in me

(Verse 2:)
When I lose myself, I reflect Your image
When I break, I break my will, then I am whole
When I give, give my all, I find life everlasting
Then Christ is formed in me

Thanks for reading.

May God Bless you and yours in this New Year to come.

1 comment:

Katie Rings said...

happy new year!! hope its a good one!